Chicken And Chorizo Orzo Paella

This chicken and chorizo paella is a real treat, for me I think because it tastes like ‘holiday food’ it evokes happy, sunny feelings even on a miserable day!

Inspired by Spanish chorizo, but adapted to work as a quick meal option this is bursting with the flavours of zingy lemon and smoky chorizo- a really simple paella that is always a crowd-pleaser.

Weeknight

I didn’t use saffron in this recipe because it is an expensive ingredient to buy, and one that I don’t frequently use elsewhere. I don’t think that this recipe is lacking because of this- in fact I really think this version tastes great, and for such an easy recipe, which only takes 30 minutes to cook, you can’t really beat it.

Skillet Lemon Chicken Orzo

Chorizo is one of my favourite ingredients to have on hand. It lasts for a long time in the fridge, and it has such a lot of flavour that it can jazz up boring dishes in an instant.

I only use a small amount of chorizo in this- for me it works as I don’t want the chorizo to be a completely overpowering flavour.

Also, if you are following Slimming World or are calorie counting, it keeps it low syn and low calorie compared to similar dishes. That said, different brands if chorizo vary greatly in fat content. One that I found in Asda was 4.5 syns for 35g, and Tesco does a reduced fat one in their Finest range which tastes great.

-

How To Make Paella

I have found paella rice in Aldi, Tesco, Sainsburys and M&S, but if you have trouble finding it then you can supplement with arborio or long grain rice.

If you have a paella pan, great! If not, then you can use a saute pan (I do!)- you want it to be wide enough and non-stick for frying, but deep enough to hold all of the ingredients once they have been added.

Chicken

Prawns make a great addition to this paella, I fry them separately to cook them, and then stir them into the paella once it’s cooked through.

Chorizo, Orzo & Sweetcorn Summer Stew Recipe

If you want to add some greens alongside this then quick cook vegetables such as green beans, asparagus or broccoli all complement it well.

Perfect

Add any extra seafood that you fancy, or substitute the chicken for mussels and prawns. Green beans also work well added in.

My food is all about healthy, well balanced recipes that are made from scratch using whole foods and packed full of flavour.

Chicken

Chorizo Paella With Cherry Tomatoes Recipe

If you want to add some greens alongside this then quick cook vegetables such as green beans, asparagus or broccoli all complement it well.

Perfect

Add any extra seafood that you fancy, or substitute the chicken for mussels and prawns. Green beans also work well added in.

My food is all about healthy, well balanced recipes that are made from scratch using whole foods and packed full of flavour.

Chicken

Chorizo Paella With Cherry Tomatoes Recipe