Seafood And Sausage Paella

This easy recipe of sausage and shrimp paella is my version to help you make delicious Spanish paella at home without much fuss.

Even before starting with anything, let me state the disclaimer first. This recipe of sausage and shrimp paella, by no means, is an absolutely authentic paella recipe! It is my version of paella which I have tweaked according to our taste and liking.

Shrimp

Paella is a gorgeous Spanish dish loaded with seafood and sausages. The distinctive saffron color of paella gives it an extra ordinary feature making it incredibly attractive.

Chicken, Shrimp And Sausage Paella Recipe

Now my paella contains shrimps as the only seafood as we are not too fond of clams or mussels. Also I used chicken sausage whereas authentic Spanish paella use chorizo which is very rarely available here in my city.

Even after all these modifications and adaptations this sausage and shrimp paella turned out to be a Rockstar! It not only looks fantastic but is a real killer in terms of taste and flavor. If you have already fallen in love with its good looks, give it a try and there will be no looking back henceforth!

While researching about paella, I got to know about Bomba rice which is the Spanish rice used in traditional paella. But it’s almost impossible to get my hands on it, so I used our regular rice and I was happy with it.

Shrimp And Sausage Paella Recipe

You won’t need a long grain rice for paella. Any short grain rice with good amount of starch will work nicely for the paella recipe.

Now there is one ingredient which you must not substitute and I can’t stress enough on it! That ingredient is the saffron infused shrimp stock which on one hand lends the gorgeous saffron color to the paella and on the other hand adds the intense seafood flavor to the rice.

The saffron color and the rich shrimp flavor are the specialties of paella which gives it its exclusiveness, so, please please do not substitute it with chicken stock or water; just check out my short & swift video on how to make shrimp stock quick and easy.

All In One Paella

It’s just a matter of few minutes and you will be able to create amazing Spanish paella at home to delight yourself and your friends & family!

Life is all about learning new things in each passing day and take a step further in what you love to do for living. This blog has given me a space to nurture my passion for food and cooking and allow me to learn about enumerable cuisines across the globe.

I know this journey is never ending and that’s what excites me the most. I will never be out of recipe and there will always be something new to cook and taste!

Best Chicken And Sausage Paella Recipe

I am pretty sure that had it not been for the blog, I would have never thought of making paella at home. Rather I would have enjoyed it occasionally in some Spanish restaurants and wonder how could they make such a wonderful dish.

My blog has helped me realize that when you learn something with your utmost passion, nothing is impossible; not even cooking a lip-smacking Spanish paella in a typical Indian kitchen!This seafood paella recipe with chorizo is a fantastic balance of sweet shrimps, squids, and mussels with spicy sausage. The rice is flavored with a sofrito of onion, peas, peppers, and artichokes and cooked on an open fire in a chicken stock flavored with saffron. This Spanish paella is the perfect dish to make at a garden party, either on a barbecue or on a gas grill. The cooking process is much simpler than the classic barbecue as it doesn't require any stirring. It presents well and feeds a crowd.

Paella is a rice dish originating from Valencia, it is cooked on an open fire, seasoned with saffron, and can have various types of meats, seafood, or vegetables.

Easy Shrimp Paella With Smoked Chicken Sausage

I am sure the purists will have some comments to make, but this is a tested and proven delicious recipe we have made plenty of times and all our guests have enjoyed and loved.

Sausage

My husband's favorite dish was seafood risotto, but risotto is not a convenient dish to make when you are entertaining as it requires stirring for at least 20 minutes.

The Paella instead does not require any stirring. Once the ingredients are ready, the process of cooking the paella on an open fire is relatively easy.

Try With Me: Shrimp And Sausage Paella

There are a few important factors that make this paella superb, one of them is the outstanding ingredients, the base for any successful dish.

When it comes to seafood I am very picky. I grew up by the sea and I am used to eating fresh seafood that tastes like the sea. I carefully choose where to buy my fish and even if frozen I always look for quality.

You can use all the seafood above, only some of them or other types of seafood you like. However, whatever seafood you decide to use in a paella these are the important points to consider:

Authentic Seafood Paella Recipe With Saffron • Hip Foodie Mom

Horizo and the saffron stock not originalto the paella recipe, but they work for us and theydo add flavor to the dish.

In Italy, I use 'Nduja, a spicy creamy sausage made with fatty cuts of the pig: lard, bacon, and guanciale (jowls bacon) originally from Calabria.

Sausage

You can also add chicken thighs on the bone. They are much better than chicken breasts as the breast tends to get tough while the thigh remains juicy.

Easy Shrimp And Sausage Paella

We have both a grill and a barbecue, so we tried both options. I must say that the Paella cooked on a barbecue is way superior.

Feel free to substitute any ingredients you might like, as long as you follow my 3 rules for making the best paella and I am sure you will be pleased:

Prepare all the ingredients, set the fire, serve a glass of wine with some appetizers and enjoy preparing the Paella outdoor with your friends.

Easy Spanish Seafood Paella Recipe {no Paella Pan Needed!}

For dessert a fruity tart like Peach Tarte Tatin or a Lime sorbet with vodka. To close a lavish meal always serve a homemade liquor Limoncello, Nocino or Curacao.

, leave your comment below I would like to hear from you. You can find more delicious ideas if you FOLLOW ME on Facebook, YouTube, Pinterest and Instagram or sign up to my newsletter.

This seafood paella recipe with chorizo is a fantastic balance of sweet shrimps, squids, and mussels with spicy sausage. The rice is flavored with a sofrito of onion, peas, peppers, and artichokes and cooked on an open fire in a chicken stock flavored with saffron. This Spanish paella is the perfect dish to make at a garden party. The cooking process is much simpler than the classic barbecue as it doesn't require any stirring. It presents well and feeds a crowd.

-

Easy Chicken, Chorizo And Shrimp Paella

Calories: 976 kcal | Carbohydrates: 142 g | Protein: 39 g | Fat: 25 g | Saturated Fat: 7 g | Cholesterol: 184 mg | Sodium: 861 mg | Potassium: 955 mg | Fiber: 5 g | Sugar: 8 g | Vitamin A: 1090 IU | Vitamin C: 59.5 mg | Calcium: 107 mg | Iron: 4.6 mgI’ve made paella many times but honestly I never made grilled paella until recently, and now I don’t think I’ll ever make it any other way. Making paella on the grill gives you a larger cooking surface which gives you more even cooking all around as opposed to using just a burner on the stove.

Having the rice spread out evenly on the wide, shallow paella pan creates the perfect condition for socarrat, which is the crunchy, crust that forms on the bottom, known as the prized part of eating a paella. I once read that socarrat is to a paella what the smoke ring is to a brisket, and by making a grilled paella it’s easy to achieve.

Let me just say I’m no expert on making paella, but I do love making it. The presentation is dramatic and it’s cooked all in one vessel! There are so many versions of paella, seafood, vegetarian, meat, I could go on and on, but for this grilled version I kept it simple by using shrimp with andouille, a spicy smoked sausage.

Smoky Prawn And Chorizo 'paella' Recipe

For paella you have to use a short grain rice, you can find the brand above or a rice called bomba but if not, arborio or carnaroli will do.

Another key ingredient is the spice saffron, a little goes a long way. I found this spice packet from Spain on Amazon which has just the right amount in it along with some other spices to flavor the paella so well.

Making a grilled paella gives you a rich, smoky flavor and it’s fairly easy to do providing you have all your ingredients prepared and ready to go.

Recipe: Spanish Paella With Chorizo, Chicken And Shrimp

I have two paella pans, a 15 inch and a 22 inch depending on what ingredients you decide on and what you’ll be serving with it, you can feed quite a few people, so it’s a great dish for entertaining.

Shrimp

A beautiful grilled paella is a wonderful option for a special occasion or just a casual dinner with friends.