Curry Paella

When I cook paellas I like to make them big! I only do it about once every year, using a ginormous paella pan I purchased about 20 years ago.

This is one I made as requested by my daughter for her birthday. As it’s lockdown at the moment, the leftovers were all delivered to hungry neighbour.

Traditional

This is a recipe I developed after watching paellas being cooked on our numerous vacations to Spain. The traditional paellas there are amazing but they are also quite expensive.

Valencian Paella Recipe

In fact, I prefer making my own like this because I can serve a group of 20 for about the same price as it would cost to order a paella for four in Spain.

This authentic paella recipe is really easy to make. The key to the perfect paella is using the freshest ingredients you can get your hands on. There’s no point going to the trouble of making a paella with substandard ingredients.

I purchased all my meat from a local farm shop and ordered my seafood just out of the water from my fishmonger. You really can taste the difference.

July 17th, Lamb Curry With Dill Potatoes, Or Vallencian Paella

Although not essential, I make a lot of parsley and garlic sauce for people to scoop over their paella at the table.

To make the optional parsley and garlic sauce for this traditional paella, blend parsley, garlic, lemon juice, olive oil and salt together until smooth.

Seafood

For this large paella, I blended 200g (7 oz) of parsley with eight large cloves of garlic, 250ml (1 cup) extra virgin olive oil and the juice of two lemons. I added salt to taste.

Seafood Paella Recipe By Mary M

I highly recommend getting everything prepared and ready before you start cooking. There are a lot of tasty ingredients in this recipe and each takes some time to prepare.

If there is one thing I should emphasise, it is that the seafood should be handled with care. Many chefs simply throw their seafood in with the other ingredients while cooking.

Chilled

I find it better to cook seafood like scallops and squid in a pan first. These ingredients only need a couple of minutes in a hot pan. Cook them longer and they could be come tough.

Say My Kitchen: Marmite Seafood Curry Paella 妈蜜咖喱海鲜焗饭

Get all of your vegetables prepared ahead of time too. If you have everything ready to go when you start cooking, it’s a much simpler process.

You could of course cook indoors. All you need is a good heat below your pan and you’re set to go. For me though, this is one that just needs to be cooked outside. It’s party food!

Chilled

I used chicken thighs, pork loin and of course chorizo which was freshly made at my local farm shop. Do you have to use these meats too? Nope. Add whatever meat you like or leave it out.

Chicken And Chorizo Paella

I like a good assortment. In this recipe I used prawns, clams, mussels and queen scallops. I would normally throw in some squid too but I couldn’t get any.

If using fish fillets, they should be cooked ahead of time until just cooked through. Then add the cooked fish to the hot rice and cover for a few minutes.

Hähnchen

Be careful not to overcook the fish or it will fall apart. Although I didn’t use halibut, sea bass or cod this time, these are all nice additions.

Curry Hühnchen Paella

Please join me on Facebook where I share all my latest recipes and videos. Just click that Facebook icon on the left and let's get to know each other!